Friday, June 26, 2009

Pancakes

This is a recipe for pancakes that I make my family at least once a week. I guarantee once you make them and taste them, the box stuff will never due again! This is a combination of a couple different recipes that I found and made it my own. Please try, and I know you won't be disappointed!


Buttermilk Pancakes

3 eggs
3/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons melted butter, or oil
2 1/2 cups buttermilk
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour (I usually us 1/2 all purpose, 1/2 whole wheat flour, just so I don't feel so guilty afterwards)
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar

In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, add the milk, then I melt the butter in the same liquid measuring cup then add the buttermilk to that and then add to the milk and egg mixture. Then add in the flour, baking powder and soda and mix well! If you like thick pancakes, add more flour to make a thicker batter. Heat a large skillet, or a griddle to medium heat, coat with cooking spray or use a touch of oil then add the batter, I use a soup ladle. When the surface is all bubbly, and around the edges looks set up they are ready to flip. Be careful with the heat, to hot and they will burn before they are ready to be flipped! Cook other side till golden brown. Serves 4, with leftovers!

I hope you try these soon, and I'm sure you will make them again! Take care, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment